May 27, 2010

Curtain Call #31 & Taylored Expressions Sketch #114

Hello again! I had so much fun visiting all the blogs participating in the PTI Blog Hop. Thanks to all of you who left me lots of love on my submission! I was so inspired by all the unique projects and can't wait to do it again!

I have for you today my take on the latest color challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage. My daughter would absolutely adore the little house in the inspiration photo! She loves anything purple! I paired up this lovely, soft color combo with the adorable sketch at Taylored Expressions.


I was obviously thinking of lavender (the plant) when I saw these colors, so I pulled a couple of stamps from PTI's Life set to create a little floral scene. I wanted it to have a watercolor look, so I inked up my stamp then misted it with water before stamping each time. The lavender cardstock was scored with a diamond pattern using a scoring board from Martha Stewart.


Cardstock: Bazzill (green, navy, lavender), Papertrey Ink (Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Life), Fiskars (Year Round Greetings)
Ink: Hampton Art (lavender), Clearsnap (Evergreen), Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening)
Tools: Spellbinders (circle, scalloped circle dies), Martha Stewart Crafts (scoring board)
other: Papertrey Ink (white silk ribbon), buttons


I finished off the inside with a few more stamped florals on plain white cardstock. Very pretty and understated, I think.


In other news, my son had his staples taken out today and it was a bit traumatic, but he has healed up very nicely! My daughter's last day of preschool is tomorrow, so I have a bit of work to finish up tonight on the set of thank you cards I'm giving to her teachers as a gift. A busy week, but I promise more fun to come here on the blog!

Thanks for stopping in!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful Christina! you have worked all the colours well into this sketch! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my goodness, Christina! this card is sooooo pretty....love it:) thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call, gf!

Marisa said...

Welcome aboard as our Guest Designer for June! I just LOVE this card and how you've used the colours. That PTI set is on my wish list and now I want it even more!! Fabulous use of the sketch too.

Mary Marsh said...

very pretty card and congrats on being chosen as one of the top 5 in the curtain call challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...