May 8, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge & 2S4Y


Hello again! This is my second post for today, so scroll down to see my card for the ColourQ and CPS challenges!

This little number, I must admit, has me totally smitten! I LOVE how this turned out. This card was inspired by the current color challenge at Embellish Magazine, which also calls for dimension. I also used Laura's sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You.



I added cream to the color palette because I wanted to use this cute die-cut label from Making Memories. I stamped a flourish directly on the label. The flowers are from PTI's Beautiful Blooms II, which just arrived in the mail yesterday! I have been wanting this set and it was sold out the last time I ordered, so I am super excited to have it now. I stamped two different sizes of the same flower in Versamark on Terracotta Tile cardstock, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This doesn't show up in the pictures, but it gives the flowers a pretty, shiny look. I cut them out by hand and popped them up with dimensional adhesive.

For the strip on the left side, I knew I wanted to replicate the look of the border on the label, so I sponged some ivory paint on a piece of turquoise cardstock, then added a strip of ivory ledger paper (also from Making Memories) and outlined it with a thin brown line. The ruffled ribbon look is one that seems to be popping up everywhere, and I totally love the texture it adds.

Cardstock: Bazzill (turquoise), Papertrey Ink (brown)
Label: Making Memories
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (flowers, sentiment), Inkadinkadoo (flourish)
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink (brown), Clearsnap (green)
Embosing powder: Stampendous
Paint: Delta Creative
Ribbon: Michael's stores
Pen: Sakura


My only regret is that we have a rainy day, which made for horrible picture-taking. The colors on this card are so warm in real life, and I just couldn't capture that. Still, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by, friends, and for your constant encouragement. I know there are many talented crafters in blog-land, so it means a lot to me to have you visit and post your comments. They are much appreciated!

Enjoy your Mother's Day!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card...you should be smitten :)! I love the ruffle and the flowers and flourish are beautiful!

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Stacey Schafer said...

absolute gorgeousness, Christina! love that partial top note and the gathered ribbon:) thanks for joining us at 2S4Y, dearie!

cnelson said...

perfectly lovely! I really love your ribbon treatment!

Angela Mclean said...

OOOOO... I so LIKE THIS!!! Absolutely gorgeously simplistic design.
Angela xxx.

Patty Albertson said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the ruffle!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful card, Christina! I love the ribbon treatment!

Traveling Mama said...

I think your picture looks great! Your card is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...