August 30, 2010

FTL #105 & Tiffany Doodles flower challenge


Hello, friends! I am just in love with my new Prismacolor pencils lately, and I decided to put them to work on a card for a (new to me) challenge. I've been curious to try out some digital stamps, and I just love the photo sketches on the Tiffany Doodles blog. They have a challenge for the month of August to use flowers, so I picked this gorgeous Lenten rose image from Tiffany's site. I also loosely based the card on FTL #105 at clean & simple, but I turned the sketch on its side to better fit the image.







I printed out the image onto PTI's Rustic White cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I even added a light blue "halo" around the image to make it stand out a bit more, something I've seen a lot with Copics. It's hard to see in the photo, but in real life it looks so pretty! I had a difficult time photographing this one for some reason.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Bravo Burgundy, Garden Green), Papertrey Ink (Rustic White)
Stamps: Tiffany Doodles (Lenten rose), Papertrey Ink (Signature Greetings)
Ink: Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Tools: Papertrey Ink (scallop border die, Linen & Canvas impression plate)
Accessories: Michaels (pearls), thread
Coloring medium: Prismacolor Premier, odorless mineral spirits

The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Greetings. I added a green scalloped border that I sent through my Big Shot with the Linen & Canvas impression plate, then threw in a few pearls for the finishing touch.

I am certainly not an expert on digital stamps, but this one is so beautiful and highly detailed. I love Lenten roses and colored these to match the ones in my garden!

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

11 comments:

Jean Martin said...

This is great Christina! I love the way you colored it. I'm still not convinced with digital stamps...I kinda like them in my hands :)

Lindsay said...

Woooeee girl! I love your card! The colors and the way you colored that flower, so fab. Thanks for playing along!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors!

Nance Leedy said...

Simply breathtaking, Christina. Your color choices are exquisite---bravo burgandy and garden green, who knew?! You did! FABulous card!

Tiffany said...

Oh wow!! The way you colored this lenten rose is stunning!! I just love this! I'm so proud!! =)

xiumaiyuki said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous! CAS and very, very elegant. Love how the colors really "mesh" well together.

Nerina said...

Gasp!! Your colouring is absolutely beautiful! No wonder you're in love with your pencils - you really know how to get the most from them! I'm quite speechless!

Laurie said...

Amazing job with the prismas! I love mine too! This is a beautiful card!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful coloring job! Thanks for joining us at Tiffany Doodles!

Ruby said...

What a gorgeous card, your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiffany Doodles!

Deirdre said...

Stunning colouring, beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with Tiffany Doodles Challenge this month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...