September 15, 2010

Papertrey Posse Parade of Blogs & SSSC 85


Good morning!  I hope those of you who stayed up late for the PTI release last night have recovered!  Today is the big Parade of Blogs over at Papertrey Posse, and the challenge this month was to use a new or long neglected PTI stamp set.  I was finally able to ink up Just the Ticket for this card.  I was waiting for the Ticket Border Die to be restocked, and now that I have it in hand I am just thrilled with how clever it is!  I can't wait to use it for journaling on scrapbook pages, too.

I decided to use Karen's sketch for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, although it is a bit of a loose interpretation!  The bonus challenge for this week is to make a birthday card to send to Operation Write Home, an organization that ships cards to our heroes overseas to mail home to their loved ones.  You can get all of the guidelines on their website, and be sure to check out the cute video explaining the basics.  I'm so glad to have found out about this organization, because the stack of cards in my craft room just keeps growing, and I need to find homes for them!


I wanted to use up some more paper from my stash, so I picked this fun striped dp from October Afternoon and matched it up with New Leaf, Harvest Gold, and Hawaiian Shores.  The HG got a pass through my Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics impression plate.  Bright and cheery, don't you think?  It would be perfect for a soldier to send home to his little girl!

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, white)
Patterned paper:  October Afternoon (Ducks in a Row)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Just the Ticket)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (black)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Ticket border die, Polka dot impression plate), EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), button, thread, DMC floss

And I couldn't forget the inside!  One more ticket with a different sentiment and lots of room for a handwritten message.


I hope you'll check out Operation Write Home!  Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the Papertrey Posse Parade!

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great ribbon treatment, and such pretty colors.

Lindsay said...

Super cute Christina! I love how you used the tickets dies for this!

Suzanne said...

What a fantastic card. I LOVE the inside. Thanks for playing along with the Posse Challenge!!

Nance Leedy said...

Cute as can be! I love that ticket die and the colors are so cheerful...sure to brighten someone's day.

Unknown said...

Such a fun card! I love how you finished the inside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...