October 12, 2010

ColourQ 54


Good morning, friends!  I am so delighted today to be sharing my first sample as a guest designer for the colourQ Royal Court Design Team!  And what a fun way to start things off, with this festive Halloween color combo:


I absolutely love Halloween, and one of my favorite things about this holiday is that it is over the top, from colors to kitschy decorations.  So for this card, I wanted to do something cute and fun that reflects the sometimes goofy spirit of Halloween.  I chose a particularly silly image and sentiment from PTI's Tiny Treats:  Halloween, stamped it in black and colored with my Prisma pencils.  The frame (from the same set) is stamped in white on Concord Grape cardstock and cut with the Mat Stack 4 die.  I punched a hole and added some strips of ribbon I've had for quite a while, from the dollar bins at Target.

For the backdrop, I used PTI's polka dot impression plate to de-boss circles of two different sizes onto the Olive and Black cardstock.  A few punched stars in one corner add a pop of orange that repeats the pattern on the star ribbon.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Old Olive, Concord Grape, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Tiny Treats:  Halloween)
Dye ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black)
Pigment Ink:  Clearsnap (Frost White)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 4 die, Polka Dot impression plate), EK Success (circle punches), Target (star punch), Fiskars (hole punch)
Accessories:  Target (ribbon)
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor pencils, OMS

I just can't get over this guy's silly face!  My hubby thought this sentiment was pretty ridiculous, but I think it's perfect for one of my goofy brothers.

What will you create with this fun color combo?  The rest of the colourQ team has some fabulous samples to get you started, so be sure to hop on over to the colourQ blog to check them out!  And as you'll see, you don't have to make a Halloween project to make these colors shine!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your day is fun and fabulous!

8 comments:

Renée said...

This is fabulous, Christina! Love the dry embossing :)

Laurie said...

OH this is so fun! Love the embossing int he background! I made one that looks alot like this! I need to post it! ;)

Monique said...

What a fun card..Love the sentiment (giggle) :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Too cute and rockin' Christina!!! Hugs ~S~

Norma said...

Love the sentiment!! Super cute

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this card is really wonderful. I like that there isn't too much distracting stuff to look at, simple and yet detailed. Awesome!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh, this is sooo cute! Love your coloring and all the details and embossing. Congratulations on your Royal Court gig...I bow to thee! :-)

Lisa Petrella said...

This is so fun and cute! Love all of the embossed polka dots! And that image and sentiment are awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...