December 26, 2010

Curtain Call Act 62


Good morning, friends!  For those of you who celebrated Christmas yesterday, I hope it was wonderful!  I've had a fabulous last few days at home baking, wrapping, and celebrating the holiday with family.  And I can't forget to mention my amazing hubby, who enabled my crafting this year with some new stamps and a Corner Chomper!  I can't wait to play with my new toys.  Were there any surprises for you under the tree this year?

The last week has flown by so quickly, it's hard to believe it's time for another Curtain Call Color Challenge!  I am so ready to make some non-holiday cards, how about you?  Stacey has chosen one of my absolute favorite combos this week.  These colors are just so serene, perfect for the calm after the storm of the holiday craziness, don't you think?


Okay, I'm just now realizing that I had written down Vanilla instead of White for this challenge, so just increase the brightness on your computer screen and it will almost look like I used white, 'kay?  

I just love layering PTI's two butterfly dies, plus a punched Martha Stewart one.  The larger green one is debossed with PTI's Diamond impression plate for a little more depth.  The label stamp is from the Mat Stack 1 Collection.  Oh my, do I love the new Mat Stack stamps!  I embellished this one with some pearls, and I used a sentiment from the same set.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream), Stampin' Up! (Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Mat Stack 1 Collection, Background Basics:  Text Style)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (butterfly dies, Mat Stack 1 die, Woodgrain impression plate, Diamonds, impression plate), Martha Stewart (butterfly punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (pearls)


And Sunday just wouldn't be the same if you didn't stop by and see what the rest of the girls have been up to!

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



and December Guest Designer, Maureen Plut at Buttons & Bling.

Be sure to leave them some love!

Don't forget to post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Sunday!

18 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Christina. Love the pretty butterflies... great use of the colors. :o)

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! I love, love how you layered the butterflies over the label- wonderful work :) Great color combo, too!

Laurel said...

Beautiful card! Looks like we had similiar ideas, hehehe!

Jean Martin said...

Christina!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I stopped to stare for a few minutes at every little detail! hee! :) I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas weekend!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Christina! Love the woodgrain!!

Nance Leedy said...

Just beautiful Christina! You're right it's perfectly clam and serene--just what I needed to look at this morning. Love your layout and all the layering. Hope the warmth of the holiday season continues through the new year for you!
{hugs}!

Lindsay said...

Oh wow girl! This one made me gasp out loud I love it so! The layering is perfection! Happy sigh...

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the colors. Love the mat and those butterflies!! Looks white to me, hehe!!

Kristi said...

This card is so lovely!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Christina!!! Love the butterfly and the fabbo chocolate pearls...yummy!!! Enjoy the rest of the holidays! Hugs ~S~

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very pretty! What brand is that wood grain embossing plate??? I'd really like to have one too!

LeAnne said...

Love this---I haven't played this challenge for a while and I won't have to babysit today, so maybe I can--I just love this color combo!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous!!! I just love that woodgrain background! And the layers to your focal point are beautiful!

Maureen said...

just gorgeous, Christina!!! Love the pti goodies :) Your husband is a sweetie!! I love my corner chomper...it cuts like buttah!!! So fun to hang out with you and the girls this month...thanks for all your sweet comments :)

xiumaiyuki said...

WOW! Simply.stunning. I love how the woodgrain just makes the card so elegant. And of course, those butterflies are gorgeous!!!

You're so lucky. I didn't get any crafty things for Christmas. Can't wait to see your review on that corner chomper...I've been eyeing it for a while. :)

Cristina said...

How did I miss this card? It's so perfect! Love how you used the colors, and love how there's all that focused layering, and then the rest is so clean. You have such a good eye for design!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Gorgeous, love that woodsy paper! :D
Happy New Year!
Tracey

Helene said...

I love this card ! especially the impression plate. it is fabulous !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...