February 27, 2011

Curtain Call Act 71


Welcome back, friends!  Are you ready for a new Curtain Call Color Challenge?  Check out these warm and cozy hues:


I decided to stamp a background using PTI's Tea for Two and Tea for Two Additions on Rustic Cream cardstock.  I added some dotted Crumb Cake paper on the bottom of the card and a ruffled Saffron ribbon.  I love that little teapot with the wood button!

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Cherry Cobbler), Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream), Bazzill (Kraft)
Patterned paper:  Stampin' Up! (Neutrals DSP)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Tea for Two, Tea for Two Additions)
Ink:  Stampin' Up!  (More Mustard), Clearsnap (Chianti), Papertrey Ink (Chai tea dye)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (teapot die)
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! (So Saffron ribbon), Papertrey Ink (jute twine), wood button

Here's a peek at the inside of the card:


I hope you'll stop by and see what the rest of the DT has created this week.

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



...and February Guest Designer, Laurie Willison.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great Sunday!

22 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic! What a cool idea for a background, Christina. Your creativity is boundless. The tea pot/cup is the perfect set for these warm and cozy colors and the inside is just as wonderful as the outside...bravo!

Laurel said...

Love it, love that stamp set!

Marisa said...

Ooooh, I love that colour combo. MUST make time to play along! Great card with the tea cups and pot. Love the inside too :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, so many wonderful things I could say about this card...

Andrea M said...

This is so fabulous Christina!!! I don't own this set but it's looking more and more like a must!!! Love what you've done with the stamping on this card! The ribbon treatment is so fantastic too.

Jean Martin said...

Wow! I agree with Nance! I would never have thought to use that as a background! Fantastic job with this one Christina! I love it whenever you add a little something inside the card as well. :)

Amy Kolling said...

I love the background you stamped and it looks fabulous paired with the polka dotted lower portion! That wood button looks great with these colors!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous, Christina! Love the stamped background!

Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness...this is just gorgeous!! I love the rich colors, and the teapot theme!! Lovely job!!

Heather Rogers said...

How fun! This is one of my all time favorite PTI sets. Both of them. Love the background you stamped. :)
Hugs~

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christina. Love how you made your own background with those images. The finished inside looks great! :o)

Smita said...

OMG fantastic! {my comments are the same every time} I love love love the colors here!

Diane Jaquay said...

How cute is this?!! Love how you stamped the background, and I really like this color combo! I need to use this stamp set more often ;)

Kim S said...

Such a darling background! And I love the little tea bag on the inside - so cute.

xiumaiyuki said...

Fabby card inside and out!!! Those colors are warm and cozy and you've managed to make them fun as well with that background!

Have to say... seeing your cards is a great way to spruce up my still-on-vacation-mode mojo. Thank you, thank you!

Cristina said...

How cute! All that stamping makes me happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty! I really love that ruffled ribbon.

Vickie Z said...

Love how you made your own dp-it's perfect!!! Love the teapot and cups inside!! Wonderful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Christina! Awesome design inside and out! Hugs ~S~

Nerina said...

Oh what fun!! This background is fabulous ... and I love the inside details - you're sooooo good at those!

Laurie said...

Awesome job with these colors! I love the background you made! So pretty!

Unknown said...

This is super pretty!! The tea set is just perfect for this warm color combo! I love the design of the card front and the inside as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...