July 2, 2011

JUGS #91 Guest Designer


Good morning!  I have a little surprise for you this morning, as the lovely gals over at Just Us Girls have asked me to join them as Guest Designer for the month of July!  (Thanks again, ladies!)

What makes JUGS unique among challenge blogs is that each week brings a new type of challenge, either a sketch, color combo, technique, or project involving a template.  This week Kathryn has provided a fun sketch to use:


It has been a while since I used patterned paper on a card, so I pulled out a cute sheet from the Alphabet Soup line by My Mind's Eye.  I could easily buy every sheet of paper this company makes!  I used the "A" side with the argyle and heart pattern for the main panels, and the "B" side with pink stripes for the scalloped circle and punched border.

For the focal point, I die cut a red felt heart and stitched around the outside, then added an aqua button and a sentiment from PTI's Baby Button Bits.  Lots of stitching and a row of buttons at the bottom finish it off.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, white)
Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye (Alphabet Soup Girl "Lovely")
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Baby Button Bits)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides)
Tools:  Spellbinders (circle, scalloped circle Nesties), Papertrey Ink (heart die), Fiskars (border punch), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons, felt), DMC floss, thread

I hope you'll make some time to play along with us this week!  The JUGS gals always have amazing eye candy to get you inspired, so be sure to hop over and see their creations!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments.  And a special thank you for all of your well wishes on my anniversary, it really means so much!  

Have a fantastic weekend!

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

I totally love this card! The colors and your use of this sketch is fantastic! I adore it! Congrats on being a guest designer!

Laurie said...

My jaw is on the floor! The stitching is amazing! I love the focal point using patterned paper and that felt heart? Yum! This is just so amazingly cute! I love it!!

Andrea M said...

LOVE!!!! I adore all the amazing stitching! Christina, this card is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the colors and the papers! Of course, your take on the sketch is FANTASTIC!!! The buttons are a wonderful embellishment! This is STUNNING GF!! So glad you're lending us your talents for the month!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so adorable, Christina! Your stitching is amazing...especially on the heart! Such perfection! You really used the sketch to perfection as well! Welcome to JUGs for July! We are so happy to have you as our guest this month!

Karen B. said...

Congrats on your guest design spot! This is a beautiful card, so full of wonderful details.

Kim S said...

Congrats on JUGS! So well deserved and what a perfect first week card. I have to admit that although I had seen several bloggers playing along with JUGS, I hadn't gone over there to take a peek until I saw they were wise enough to choose you! Love the challenges and cards so now have them bookmarked as a challenge to follow!

Marisa said...

Love how you used the sketch, Christina :) Stitched heart is darling. Saving the sketch for later as kids and I are away next week. Congrats on the DT spot!

Suzanne said...

This is so amazing! I love the mix of buttons on the bottom and the stitched heart!!! LUV IT!

xiumaiyuki said...

Awwwwww..... and cuteness it is!! And happy, and pretty, and...... I love it!! The way you used those buttons.... so playful along with that stitched heart.... ***swoon***

Lynn said...

Christina. I love your card. The stitching and hearts are my favorite bits!

Elise said...

JUST by the fact that your USE OF STITCH totally makes my heart RACE... is enough. But it NEVER stops there! YOU are AMAZING, sweet girl! This card is SUCH a stellar use of Kathryn's great, GREAT sketch! {I SERIOUSLY think I'll use this one, again, and again!} I love it SO! ANYWHOO, I was DELIGHTED to learn that you'd be joining JUST US... you know who's, this MONTH! {LUCKY US!} This is an outstanding start... Positively TERRIFIC and HEAVY on the inspiration! Yipeeeeeeeee! Hope you have a WONDERFUl 4th of JULY! xo!

Cassandra said...

Congratulations Christina!! More opportunities to see your wonderful work.

kasia c. said...

LOVE this card! the colours are gorgeous and I love that fabulous felt heart/button combo. Yummy! :)

Jen Carter said...

Cute, cute!! I can't believe how straight your stitching is on the heart! It looks fabulous!! I love how you layered everything and I really love that one lone button at the bottom in the row of aqua ones!

farmhouse-story said...

this is just darling, christina! congrats on your guest spot!

Nerina said...

Eeek!! I really {HEART} this Christina! The hearts and argyle combined look *fantastic*! Congratulations on your guest DT position!

The Paper Parade said...

This card truly is cute as a button!! Every little detail about it is adorable :)

Amy Kolling said...

The stitching just knocks this out of the park Christina!!! I adore this card.....that heart is perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...