December 16, 2011

Fair Isle Greetings, take 2


If I remember correctly, I think I promised you more cards with WPlus9's Fair Isle Backgrounds!  I have two more to share today, both with the same design but different colors.

This is a quick and easy card for mass producing, plus it's relatively flat for mailing.  You could easily leave off the gems and eliminate the foam adhesive to make them totally flat.

The first version uses Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze, a combo I used previously with this set and really liked.  I used a snowflake punch to create a simple embellishment that highlights the sentiment, from WPlus9's Winter Wishes.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Enchanted Evening, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Fair Isle Backgrounds, Winter Wishes)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze)
Tools:  Martha Stewart (snowflake punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (rhinestone)

Version two uses burgundy, spring green, and evergreen and some punched holly leaves embellished with pearl berries.  I scored a "vein" along the length of each holly leaf to make it a little more realistic.


I made 5 of each design in no time at all.  These stamps are incredibly easy to line up, especially if you use a block that has gridlines.  And they stamp beautifully.  :)

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Scarlet Jewel, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Fair Isle Backgrounds, Winter Wishes)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Evergreen, Lettuce), Stampin' Up! (Bravo Burgundy)
Tools:  Martha Stewart (holly punch)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (pearls)

I'd love to make a version of this card with Real Red and Garden Green, but my red ink is looking pretty washed out and needs replenished.  Maybe Santa will put some in my stocking.  *grin*

That's all for today!  I still don't have my photo cards finished that will be sent out to family and friends, but I'm planning to have a marathon crafting session tonight to get them done.  I'll share those soon!

I also have one more design to share that I made with Fair Isle Backgrounds and Winter Wishes, so come back soon for that.

Hope you're having a great day!  Thanks for your visit!

19 comments:

Marisa said...

Great work with this set, Christina :) Love how switching up the colours can change the card so much! Hugs to you :)

Karen B. said...

Great cards, that set is so dang cool and you really show it off well.

Virginia L. said...

Oh...the stamping are GORGEOUS, Christina! Love the Nordic theme and colors! Hope you have a great weekend!

Lynn said...

Ahh..your giving me all kinds of gorgeous inspiration to make more cards using this set. Love the sweet little holly leaves!

Cassandra said...

Stunning Christina. Love the effectiveness of such a simple design.

Suzanne said...

Oh, I am totally coming back to see more because I am in card crunch mode and I am gonna CASE the second one with the holly! More inspiration would be great!

Chunyuan said...

both sets are beuatiful. You make me drooling over that stamp set. I need to get it. But it will be too late for this holiday.

Luv2talk said...

My second visit to your BLOG but my first time posting. Your cards are amazing and your stamping skillz ROCK! LOVE the color combo and the pattern. You make me want these stamps. LOL

Diane Jaquay said...

sigh, I LOVE these, Christina! I "need" that set, "need" it I tell ya lol!

Pegg S said...

I love these cards! I have a similar set from Waltzingmouse that I'm trying to use. I'm going to CASE your cards :)

Jen W. said...

You kill these stamps every time!

xiumaiyuki said...

You are doing wonders with this set !! This card is simply gorgeous.

Joyce said...

I can't believe I've never been to your blog before! Shame on me, because I've been missing out. I love these cards with Fairisle Background. I have that set, and absolutely love it. Now, I am going to spend some time on your blog, admiring and pinning. I won't comment on everything, but I have seen enough to know that I love it all. I hope you can feel the love and sunshine coming your way from San Diego. In the words of our former governor--"I'll be back"

The Paper Parade said...

This stamp set is so cool! It really looks like there is a sweater on the front of that card...awesome! I love the blues in the first one, but then again, I love the colors in the second, too ;)

Heather Rogers said...

Such a sweet collection of cards. I love the argyle look too. :)

Sorry to hear about your PTI mess. I have had numerous problems as well. I hope it all works out in the end.

Hugs~

Jen W. said...

Love your sweet little embellies!

Lindsay said...

These are gorgeous Christina! Seriously, love the LO and colors...I think I need to purchase this set.

Arlene said...

WOW, all these cards are absolutely gorgeous! :)

Andrea M said...

STUNNING! These cards make me want this set, like, now! They're so perfectly winterly and alpine-y! They remind me of a warm winter sweater! Awesome work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...