February 29, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas--February


Hello again, my friends!  Happy Leap Day!

It's the last day of the month, which means it's time for the 12 Kits of Christmas blog hop!  If this is your first time joining us, you can check out my post for January HERE.

This month's holiday card-making kit was provided by Cathy Weber, and she included some darling polar bears and snow globes along with lots of other festive goodies:


I've made three cards so far, and I planned to make a couple more but I ran out of white cardstock!  Yikes!  I ordered more last week and will just have to stalk the mailman until it arrives.  *grin*

This first card is my favorite.  I stitched two of the patterned papers (from Memory Box) to a white card base and wrapped it with white satin ribbon.  The sweet little polar bear is decked out in an Ocean Tides felt scarf and mounted on a die cut label, along with a sentiment from PTI's In the Meadow.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides, White)
Patterned paper:  Memory Box (Yuletide Collection)
Stamps:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear), Papertrey Ink (In the Meadow)
Tools:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear die), Spellbinders (Labels 18), corner rounder
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons), AC Moore (ribbon), thread, DMC floss

For the second card, I used one of the cute snow globes from the kit.  Cathy included a globe embossed with snowflakes, which makes a nice little home for another polar bear, this time dressed in a Copic colored red scarf.  I added some "snowballs" and silver snowflakes, also from the kit.

For the background, I stamped snowflakes from PTI's Peace Be Still and inked the edges with Pool Party ink.  I attached the sentiment banner with some red baker's twine and added a pretty glittered snowflake button.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, White), brown
Stamps:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear), Papertrey Ink (Peace Be Still)
Tools:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear die), My Time Made Easy (Let it Snow Globe), Tim Holtz (snowflake embossing folder), corner rounder
Accessories:  The Twinery (baker's twine), snowballs, button, silver snowflakes

My last card is a CASE of one I did using the January kit.  I stitched strips of patterned paper to the card base, adding a scalloped border at the bottom.  This polar bear's scarf has some subtle polka dots, added with a Copic colorless blender.

The sentiment, from PTI's Signature Christmas, is embossed in white on an Ocean Tides banner and embellished with a few red buttons.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Ocean Tides, White)
Patterned paper:  Memory Box (Yuletide Collection)
Stamps:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear), Papertrey Ink (Signature Christmas)
Tools:  Memory Box (Wesley Bear die), EK Success (border punch)
Accessories:  buttons, DMC floss, thread, white embossing powder

I can't wait to see what the rest of the gals have created with this month's kit!


Suzanne:  The Card Yard
Jeanne: AKeptLife

Thanks for coming by today, and for always leaving me such wonderful comments.  I appreciate you all so much!

Have a great day!

21 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

These are fun, and seriously what a great idea.

Cathy Weber said...

I love everything you made, that great nighttime scene with the felt scarf on the polar bear...I was so worried about that piece. The second one with the great snowflake stamped background and you used the pom pom balls too! I was just so happy you used so many pieces of my little kit. Great cards.

Jean Martin said...

Oh mo gosh Christina!!! These are soooo cute! The first one is my fave too! I love your color combos! :) This was such a fun idea with the kits. I enjoyed these a lot. Thanks!

Amy Kolling said...

Well look at you! I am oogling over card #1 as my favorite. You've blended all those blue hues together so nicely! Love the button placement and the grey shading of his feet! I didn't even think to do shading! LOL

As for your CASE.....I need to do this and CASE YOU!!! I love what you've done and makes a great card using pattern scraps!! LOVE THAT IDEA!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my gosh Christina the first and 3rd are so my favorites! I love all the layering on the first card and the mat die, the colors and stitching are awesome, too :) On the second one, I love the stacked snowballs (I almost did that, too!!) and the beautiful stamped snowflakes. And on the 3rd, I just love the layering on the patterned papers and the stitching. I love the bears little polka dots on his scarf, too :)

Maureen Merritt said...

I agree, the first one is my favorite! I love those patterned papers and that polar bear is too cute :)

Kara said...

love your cards! the first on is so beautiful and elegant! Love how you used the pom poms as snowballs on the next card! and your 3rd mixes the patterns just perfectly! i need to get busy and make more than one card!

Suzanne said...

WOW, Christina! You've really done amazing things here...I love them all but that last one is perfect! I love the layers of paper and the buttons, and how you colored his scarf, not to mention that embossing. WONDERFUL!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Christina,
What a lovely set of cards. Love the stitching on the first card with the text and beautiful ribbon.
You did an awesome job with the kit.

JJ Bolton said...

So cute! Love the subtle shading on the bear:) I've always been partial to blue winter/holiday cards, so I love all your interpretations. Cute idea to use the pom-poms for snowballs:) Have a great day Christina!

Jeanne J. said...

Christina - Don't ask me to pick a favorite - I don't know how anyone could! The first one with the nigh sky and the frosty - blue - just perfect. Love your stitching the bow and those buttons! The second one - a wonderful winter scene with the snowflakes, and snowballs and buttons - so much dimension - a real standout. That little hint of shading on the polar bear adds even more dimension. And the last one - so clean - love how you did the scarf with the dots and those buttons really focus your attention! You done good girl! You must must must get your paper soon!!! How could you let this happen????

Marisa said...

What a wonderful set of polar bear cards :) Love the first one. His felt scarf is too cute and the colour combo is delicious. Great work on the other two as well - fun to see the scarf colour changing :)

Sharron said...

So beautifully done, Christina! Love the colors on the first card, that wonderful die cut and the perfectly placed buttons! The snowflake background on the second card is so pretty and I really like the combo of patterns on the last one. What a great idea to add a touch of shading on the bears and how each scarf is a bit different!

Marybeth said...

Oh my! I love them all! The firs one is so striking. I like the way you used the spellbinders die and turned it . Snow globe one is adorable. Love the layered printed papers on the last one all are so pretty. Christina beautiful job !
Sorry I had mine scheduled for tonight ! Cant believe I did that and didn't get on my computer as early as normal, to see that everyone posted already. ugggg!

Renee said...

Fabulous!!
All of them are just amazing...
love them all!
The stamped background with the globe...
the strips of paper...
they're all so gorgeous and I'm so glad I saved my strips of paper ;)

Kim Heggins said...

All three of your cards are so beautiful, but the card with the polar bear in the snow globe is just too sweet complete with a bunch of snowballs to play with and silver snowflakes. Your sewing looks so perfect on your final card, but then all of your cards look perfect.

Joyce said...

What wonderful cards. Sorry for my delay in commenting. First, I have run out of white cardstock before, and it put me into a total panic. Never again. You are making me wish I could sew. I love how your stitching adds so much to your cards. Love the snowflakes on the background of your second card, and those snowballs. Great idea--I couldn't figure out what to do with those--maybe next month. Your last card is such a classic. I'll bet you could make one like that from every kit. The stitching really pulls it together.

Ginny said...

Could these cards get any better? I don't think so. LOVE them all.

Nerina said...

Every single one of these is DARLING! I really can't choose a favourite. Each card has the most wonderful details that make it special - I think the snowglobe is totally adorable, but love them all!

Andrea M said...

All of these are ADORABLE! The bears are so cute!

Mandy LaCroix said...

Beautiful cards! I LOVE those colors. Looks like you are having tons of fun with that kit swap -- that's a REALLY neat idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...