January 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge--Smitten and a Farewell


Happy New Year!  I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2014, how about you?

To help ring in the new year, we have a new challenge at the Curtain Call that I know you're going to love.  Say hello to this week's challenge photo:  Smitten.

photo credit:  knitsandknotsweb.blogspot.com
We also have a fantastic new sponsor for our challenge:  Linnie Blooms.  Not only did Linnie Blooms provide the Faber-Castell Gelatos the designers used on their projects today, but they are providing a gift certificate to the LEAD for this week's challenge.


I chose the Faber-Castell Gelatos 50's Diner collection for my card today.  The colors were so perfect for the inspiration photo.  First I stamped a cozy pattern using WPlus9's Fair Isle Backgrounds with Versamark on white cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Using the blending tool included with the gelatos, I added the red pigment to one end of the stamped panel and the yellow to the other and blended each color toward the middle.  I just kept reapplying the color until I had the effect I wanted, then rubbed a baby wipe over the embossed pattern to remove any excess pigment.

The sentiment, from Uniko Studio's Stunning Snowflakes, is stamped in Basic Gray and adorned with a few gray gems.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Smokey Shadow), WPlus9 (White)
Stamps:  WPlus9 (Fair Isle Backgrounds), Uniko Studio (Stunning Snowflakes)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray), Versamark
Tool:  corner rounder
Other:  Faber-Castell Gelatos (50's Diner), Filigree (white embossing powder), gems

As you may have seen on the Curtain Call Challenge blog, this will be my last post as a Design Team member.  It was a difficult decision to step away, but it's the right one for me at this time as I try to balance my new responsibilities at work and the activities of my busy young family.

Never fear, though, the talented ladies of the Design Team will continue to wow you twice a month over at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge blog!  I wish them all continued success and many thanks for letting me be a part of the reopening of the Curtain Call.

Thanks to you, my readers, for visiting today!  I hope you have a wonderful start to the New Year!

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy new year Christina! Wishing you and your family all the best. Love your beautiful card.

LeAnne said...

I AM smitten with this! So pretty!

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the gelatos! Love the shading and the pattern. Will miss you dearly as a team member but will bein touch via your blog. Those little ones grow up waaaay too quickly so good for you making them a priority :) Happy New Year to you ((hugs))!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so gorgeous!!! :)

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty Christina! Family alone can keep you very busy....Happy New Year!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy New Year! Lovely card Christina. Love the heat embossed image and the colors. The blanding is fabulous. I will miss your beautiful Curtain Call creations.

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love the gradations of color you were able to achieve. Sorry to see you stepping down, but I'm sure it is the right decision for you and your family.

Kim Heggins said...

Christina...this is one lovely card. I love your background coloring and your stamp design is so perfect for the inspiration photo. Happy New Year!

Happy Dance said...

Pretty card, and the gelatos are so soft. Very CASimply lovely. Bev

karen h said...

So pretty - love the white embossing on the gradient/ombre background!

Tracey McNeely said...

Christina this is gorgeous, as always. We are going to miss you here like crazy, but at least we still have 12 Kits. Happy New Year my friend! xoxo

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Well it looks so cozy and the card reminds me of a cozy blanket! Now... can I go home and take a nap! hugs.

Kim S said...

It's rich, warm and absolutely beautiful!! I am so glad we got a chance to work together at Curtain Call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...